- Agro-climatic zones / Districts
- Various agro-ecological regions of the Country acquire different varieties with its own characteristic flavour, appearance and taste.
- Kurunegala, Anuradhapura, Puttlam, Hambanthota, Monaragala, Jaffna district.
- Plantations – Large, Medium and small scale orchards.
- Confined to Tropical and sub-tropical countries, known as the queen of tropical fruits.
- Crop availability
- Predominantly during May till July but also minor crops throughout the year.
- Medicinal Values
Whilst the unripe mango fruit helps to prevent body ailments, stimulate bile formation and as a remedy for blood related diseases, the ripe fruit facilitates to overcome night blindness and enhances health of skin.